Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When the drive for one pleasure replaces another

You know those people who start a blog with good intentions, then stop posting after a little while?

Yeah, that's been me.

I have the regular set of excuses, too - tired, busy, Daylight Saving Time, whatever. I thought I should write something down, though.

So here I am.

The normal pleasures of life - most namely good food and good sex - have been replaced with the drive for good sleep. This too will pass: 7am won't feel like 6am by next week, and I won't be suddenly awake when I should be going to bed. None of this will replace the "busy" excuse, but it'll help, I'm sure.

Speaking of busy, the wife and I aren't making the most of our Adult Friend Finder membership. I don't think we're the only people with grand intentions of meeting new people, only to forget to login, reply to email, or generally socialize with those we could eventually meet. Does this happen to you? If you're on AFF too, let me know - it's a nice place to share pics, etc. without the total openness of even this anonymous blog. Either way, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Not a problem, I have often had the same thing happen to me. Get involved in some forum or blog for a bit, then life just plain gets in the way. Sucks but that's reality.

    As long as you have fun with it, and don't let it become a stress point for you, that's the key. It's all about pleasure!

    PlumpLover

    ReplyDelete