Monday, February 8, 2010

We're all a little bit creepy and perverted...

At least I hope so.

After washing my clothes yesterday in our communal laundry room, I opened the dryer next to my washer to find whites someone had put in the night before. They were cold, so I briefly considered just scooping them out and putting them on top of the dryer, but instead realized that the next dryer over was empty, so I moved my clothes there. Before leaving, however, I took another look in the full dryer, admired a pair of thong underwear, realized most of the load was men's socks, and closed the door.

Am I a weirdo?

As I get older, I'm realizing that I'm a very curious person, and I love getting little peeks into the everyday lives of other people. I love knowing (and sharing) personal minutia, and while I'm not a panty thief or peeping tom, if the opportunity presents itself, I'll most certainly take a look. Sometimes, I take steps to insure that opportunities are more common as well.

Internet barometer, I need to know how common this is.

The most interesting thing about this for me is that while I know it's an invasion of privacy, I don't care. It's kinda a psychopathic "I don't care" too - I feel no emotional pain or regret from doing it. I'm typically a very empathic person, especially when it comes to pain/suffering/hardship (of any sort). But regarding minor privacy violations, I don't feel anything at all.

So am I a creepy pervert? Probably. Are you? What do you do that you think might put you in this camp? I don't count any consensual sex as "perverted" (though you might) and usually for me the definition of perversion hinges on involving another party (with their knowledge or not). Is it something you fight against doing, or that you do happily? Does it get you off, or just satisfy your curiosity? You tell me yours, I'll tell you mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment